1. I introduce the word wall at the beginning of the year when showing the students the different resources around the room. When students make their science journals, they include the Big Money Word$ page.
2. When I use one of the terms, I point at Big Money Words to help them see the term and how I am using it.
3. When students are writing in their science journals, I ask them what Big Money Words they might use. Eventually, this becomes second nature and they begin to do this on their own.
4. If a student is struggling for a word, Big Money Words is a resource to assist them.
5. It takes about 9 weeks (can vary greatly…I’m behind this year) to introduce all of the words and I do it very informally and within the context of what we are talking about in class. If the word is taught outside of the context, it can be very difficult for the students to really understand how the term should be used and what it means.